Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Grier Kingsley Gill

Joe and I are proud to announce the arrival of our daughter Grier Kingsley Gill born on December 09, 2011 at 2:40 in the afternoon. Grier weighed 6 pounds and 9 ounces and was 19 1/4 inches long.

Naming Our Precious Girl
Grier is a name that Joe and I liked. One of our sweet friends suggested Grier and it stuck with us. Kingsley is our niece Lanier's middle name. I gave Lanier the name Kingsley when she was born. Joe and I knew we wanted to use a family name and we wanted to call Grier her first name which made things even more difficult. When I suggested Kingsley, Joe immediately liked it for our sweet bundle of joy!

Before Grier's arrival
On Thursday, December 08, 2011 I went to the doctor for my weekly visit. We discussed induction on December 20th if Grier didn't make her appearance before then. At the visit Dr. Pettigrew decided to strip my membranes to see if it could speed things up. At 3:00 that afternoon Joe and I went for a late lunch, I was a little uncomfortable so we decided to run a few errands "just in case." At 11:00 p.m. I began running a fever so we decided to head towards Savannah. Once in triage they determined I was having contractions, but sent me home. At 6:30 a.m. on December 09th I woke Joe up to let him know we needed to head to the hospital! So, back to Savannah to find out Grier would be making her arrival at some point that day! Once at the hospital things went great! My mom, Tori, and Whit were able to make it in time for a short visit before Grier's arrival. Also waiting on Grier to arrive were: Captain, GiGi, Granny Gayle, Grandaddy Ronald, Jay, John, Nicholas, Evanne, Lindsay, Sheri, Logan, Layne, Natalee, and Bea. I met with Dr. Pettigrew at lunch time and she informed me Grier would be making her appearance in time for me to have a late lunch.

Grier's Birth
At 2:40 p.m. Grier was born! It was the best moment in my life! Grier was taken to special care due to the fact that her birth was so quick, she was not in the birth canal long enough for the fluids to be released from her lungs. Dr. Seibert, Grier's pediatrician, came by and released her to come to my room that evening.
We were lucky enough that Dr. Pettigrew allowed Joe, my mom, Mrs. Gay, Tori, and Whitney in the delivery room. I was in the delivery room with Tori and Whit so I knew I had to return the favor!! We are grateful because Tori was able to photograph Grier's arrival into this great big world!

































No comments:

Post a Comment