Monday, December 5, 2011

Our First Home

It's been a while since I did an update on our home...to be honest my family was here this weekend and Tori told me I needed to do a better job on my house/blog pictures. Since it was her suggestion I told her to take some pictures for me! It is so nice having a photographer (and vet) in the family!! I know she takes on a lot of stress taking the pictures and editing the pictures but I am always so pleased and not to mention she works around our schedule even with her "real job", 3 kids, a husband, and building a new house (whew, makes me tired thinking about it).


The front of our house...lots of windows looking into our den, dining room, and kitchen. The screened in porch and pool is to the right and the pond is on the left.




I cannot wait for me and Grier to be able to enjoy the pool this summer! Our screened in porch is to the left, it will be so nice for Grier to be able to be on the porch napping while I sit by the pool...well those are the intentions!


Side view from the driveway.



The fire pit. We tend to go to the cabin and sit by the fire instead of building one here. I am ashamed to say we've never built a fire in this pit, but it sure does look inviting!



Master bedroom with the bed Joe bought me for my birthday.



The french doors lead out onto the screened in porch.



Grier's book rack that her Uncle Cory built for her. I love this piece because it doesn't take up any floor space.



Grier's dresser which already looks different and YES that is a tree for her ornaments. Since the picture was taken I have gotten around to putting the ornaments on her tree. I have been contemplating what to do about a chair for Grier's room and now I have finally decided. I have decided to use a rocker that my Aunt Ginger got for my mother around the time Tanner was born. All 3 of us were rocked in the rocker as kids.



Grier's crib which I have mentioned before was Joe's crib. I'm so in love with her crib and hope it is a piece that Grier will be able to use with her children one day.



Don't worry, these items will only stay in her crib until she starts sleeping in there. The brown bear was mine as a kid, I remember my mom getting him for me at the Cotton Pickin' Fair. The sweet pillow is monogrammed with a cross and her name, it was a gift from the sweet hostess of the Manchester shower. Last, the pink bunny was the first item bought and given to Joe and I for Grier. Captain and GiGi gave this to us the week after we found out Grier was a girl!



Dining room table. If I didn't mention this in my last update about our home there are some sentimental pieces in this photo. The table and chairs belonged to my great-grandfather, Charlie Sibley. He passed away in 1995 at the age of 95, I sure hope I have his jeans! The pew was one that was given to me. My grandfather, Nookie, had a storage room full of old pews from a church he purchased at some point. My mother had them refinished for us and gave each of us one long pew which sits on my front porch and one short pew.



I've rearranged since the last blog about the home, hopefully this will give us more room for all of Grier's necessities. The fish on the wall doesn't seem to match ANYTHING in our house and is a piece I wanted to replace, but Joe REALLY wanted him to stay. I compromised and the fish still hangs on our wall. Now I hardly recognize it, but when I do notice he is there I just have to laugh... I still can't believe Joe was able to convience me to let him stay!



No comments:

Post a Comment